Downhearted LizQuen fans react to cancellation of Make It With You

by James Patrick Anarcon
Jun 5, 2020
Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil's teleserye, Make It With You, will no longer return to television. Liza's manager, Ogie Diaz, confirmed the teleserye's cancellation with an optimistic note, "Hintayin na lamang po ang pagbabalik ng loveteam sa isa pang bagong teleserye."
PHOTO/S: Make It With You (ABS-CBN)

Downhearted fans of Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil have turned to Twitter to air their dismay over the cancellation of LizQuen's teleserye Make It With You.

Make It With You is trending on Twitter today, June 5. As of this writing, it has generated has 111k tweets—most of which are asking for an explanation from Star Creatives, the unit producing the LizQuen teleserye.

Bombarded by LizQuen fans asking why, Theodore Boborol, one of the directors of Make It With You, did not give any concrete answer.

Boborol simply explained in his tweet:

"The returning dramas have multiple episodes already in the can even before the pandemic hit."

Make It With You was the first teleserye where Liza and Enrique had their first kissing scene on television.

The show served as the opening salvo of the Kapamilya network for 2020. It aired its pilot episode on January 13, 2020.

It stopped airing on its ninth week after ABS-CBN halted production of all its entertainment programs in keeping with the enhanced community quarantine mandate.

Continue reading below ↓

Boborol had previously tweeted explanations why only selected TV shows will return via the Kapamilya Channel.

"Believe me. It was also difficult for everyone. #IbalikAngABSCBN"

"ABS-CBN was already badly hit by the pandemic, and then suffered a double blow when its renewal was not granted.

"Decisions had to be made and we respect and understand why it ought to be done. #IbalikAngABSCBN #MassTestingNowPH

"We are not the only one. Let us just support the shows that will continue airing and the new shows that will be launched. #KapamilyaForever"

Continue reading below ↓

Continue reading below ↓

Boborol co-directs the LizQuen series with Richard Arellano.

Aside from Boborol, Make It With You headwriter Mark Duane Angos also wrote a short tweet about the show's cancellation.

He said, "The story is now yours. The next chapters will be written by you and the limit is only your imagination. Until next time, cheers!"

Continue reading below ↓

HOT STORIES

RETURNING SHOWS TO AIR ON KAPAMILYA CHANNEL

The returning dramas with taped episodes are FPJ's Ang Probinsyano, Love Thy Woman, and A Soldier's Heart.

They will be shown on the Kapamilya Channel, ABS-CBN's new channel on cable and satellite TV.

The other programs that will return on the Kapamilya Channel are from the non-narrative department: Magandang Buhay, The Voice Teens, ASAP Natin 'To, and It's Showtime.

Continue reading below ↓

Two new shows are also scheduled to air on the channel: Paano Kita Mapapasalamatan and Iba 'Yan.

The only news and current affairs program that was announced to air on the Kapamilya Channel was TV Patrol.

The other teleserye, apart from Make It With You, not included in the lineup of returning programs is Pamilya Ko, which is top-billed by JM de Guzman, Arci Muñoz, and SYlvia Sanchez.

On May 5, 2020, ABS-CBN stopped broadcasting altogether after the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) issued a Cease and Desist order against the Kapamilya network following the expiration of its congressional franchise.

Hearings for the franchise are being held on the Congress.

OGIE DIAZ CONSOLES LIZQUEN FANS

In a Facebook post at midnight of June 5, 2020, Liza's manager, Ogie Diaz, confirmed the cancellation of Make It With You.

Ogie also stated that Liza, Enrique, and the whole cast had been informed about it.

Continue reading below ↓

Ogie said in his Facebook post that fans should wait for LizQuen's comeback in another teleserye.

Here is Ogie's Facebook post (published as is):

"Sa mga nagtatanong kumbakit hindi nakasama ang 'Make It With You' sa magbabalik sa telebisyon ngayong June. .. Ikinalulungkot ko pong ibalita sa inyo bilang manager ng isa sa bida (si Liza Soberano) na hindi na po ito mapapanood pa.

"Alam na po ito ng lahat ng cast, lalo na ng LizQuen. Alam kong nabitin kayo sa love story nina Billie at Gabo, kaya hintayin na lamang po ang pagbabalik ng loveteam sa isa pang bagong teleserye.

"Salamat po, mga Kapamilya!"

Continue reading below ↓

This was already reported in PEP Troika's June 5, 2020 column.

Yesterday, June 4, 2020, PEP Troika also reported that Liza plans to continue her online studies while she is not taping for Make It With You.

At the time this was reported, the cancellation of Make It With You had not been officially announced yet.

RELATED STORIES

Here are some of the reactions of disheartened LizQuen fans:

Continue reading below ↓

Continue reading below ↓

Continue reading below ↓

Continue reading below ↓

Continue reading below ↓

Continue reading below ↓

Continue reading below ↓

MORE PEP GUIDE STORIES

Ano ba ang latest sa showbiz? Find out kung anong level ang showbiz IQ mo by subscribing to PEP.ph Viber Chatbot here. Join our community para laging updated!

Read Next
Featured
Latest Stories
Trending in Summit Media Network

Featured Searches:

Read the Story →
Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil's teleserye, Make It With You, will no longer return to television. Liza's manager, Ogie Diaz, confirmed the teleserye's cancellation with an optimistic note, "Hintayin na lamang po ang pagbabalik ng loveteam sa isa pang bagong teleserye."
PHOTO/S: Make It With You (ABS-CBN)
  • This article was created by . Edits have been made by the PEP.ph editors.
    Poll

    View Results
    Total Votes: 12,184
  • 50%
  • View Results