Newbie actor Gil Cuerva will be the leading man of Jennylyn Mercado in the
Philippine version of My Love From The Star.
GMA-7 will soon air its adaptation of the Koreanovela that originally starred
Kim Soo-hyun (Matteo Do) and Jun Ji-hyun (Steffi Cheon).
In the original Korean series, Steffi was a quirky actress who encounters
problems in her career while Matteo was an alien living on Earth for the past
In his Instagram account, Gil expressed his gratitude for MLFTS director Joyce
Bernal and the management of GMA Network.
"Extremely grateful for this opportunity. Salamat talaga sa suporta. Excited na
akong makatrabaho sila Jennylyn, Direk Joyce, and the rest of the cast. Maganda
ang story nito, nakakilig siya! Hopefully magustuhan niyong lahat ang pinoy
adaptation ng My Love From The Star. Maraming salamat sa aking Kapuso Family!
Here are things to know about the new GMA-7 actor Gil Cuerva:
1. Gil is actually short for Guillermo, his real first name.
2. He is a Fil-Spanish model.
3. His height is 5'11
4. He hails from De La Salle University.
5. His pet is a toy poodle called Duchess.
6. It has been two years since he last cut his hair.
7. He is a Candy cutie who appeared in the September 2015 issue.
8. When he was asked on the December 9 episode 24 Oras to list the qualities that he is looking for in a woman, Gil answered:
"Mabait, patient, siyempre maganda, and someone who could really grab my attention."
PEPsters, what can you say about the leading man chosen for Jennylyn Mercado in My Love From The Star?