The guessing game regarding Regine Velasquez's next career move—whether she will stay with GMA-7 or transfer to ABS-CBN—is far from over.
On September 29, Asia's Songbird attended the ABS-CBN Ball at Makati Shangri-La Hotel. She even pledged that she would do a concert for Bantay Bata 163 in time for her birthday in 2019.
These details reinforced the belief that Regine would really be transferring to the Kapamilya network.
During the season finale of GMA-7's reality program The Clash yesterday, September 30, Regine blurted out a line that caught the attention of fans.
Before the announcement of the grand winner, and without any pause, the 48-year-old singer-actress said, "I just want to say thank you to my GMA family, thank you for having me as your Clash Master. See you guys next year."
Earlier in the show, she announced that there will be a second season of The Clash to be aired in 2019.
When Regine said those words, she wasn't reading her spiel at the teleprompter and was looking around at the audience.
Regine's words raised questions, especially among fans waiting for her confirmation if she will leave the Kapuso network, her home for 20 years.
Regine has yet to make an official statement regarding her network transfer rumors.
Here are some netizens' reactions regarding Regine's "see you next year" quote:
On Twitter, Regine thanked GMA-7 again for giving her The Clash.
She wrote, "Thank you everyone for watching #TheClash I had a wonderful time working with everybody thank you to my GMA family"
On Instagram, she also congratulated Golden Canedo, who was hailed as the Ultimate Clash Champion.