Last Wednesday, April 25, the Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Scholarship Foundation (GMMSF) held its 37th Grand Annual Awards and Coronation Night—commonly known as the Box Office King and Queen awards—at RCBC Plaza, Makati City.
Vic Sotto received the Box Office King title, which he's been holding for three consecutive years, for his movie Enteng Kabisote 3.
"Nagpapasalamat ako sa Guillermo Mendoza Foundation...Scholarship something, something...Apat na taon na, hindi ko pa mamemorize!" he managed a joke.
"Siyempre, it won't be complete if I won't dedicate this award to my children—my beautiful and loving children Danica, Oyo, Vicco—and to my beautiful and loving Pia. Thank you very much, and thank God."
This year, GMMSF gave the Box Office Queen plum to two showbiz royalty—Kris Aquino and Claudine Barretto. Claudine received the award on Kris's behalf since the latter is still in the hospital.
Claudine said, "I'm very happy, isang napakalaking karangalan. Hindi ko akalain na posible pala ‘yon [ang magkaroon ng tie]."
Meanwhile, PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) hails the top 10 stars that made a smashing hit at the red carpet!
1. PEP picks Most Promising Female Star Maja Salvador as the night's best dressed for donning this metallic gray number. This elegant dress is, surprisingly, made of denim!
2. We applaud Film Actor of the Year Robin Padilla for being the only male star to wear the classic Barong Tagalog.
3. Female Recording Star of the Year Sarah Geronimo gets raves for her Rajo Laurel outfit.
4. Prince of Philippine Movies and TV Sam Milby looks sharp in his elegant black suit by Nyork.
5. Princess of Philippine Movies and TV Toni Gonzaga is immaculate in white in her Edwin Tan gown.
6. Vic Sotto goes tie-less, making his coat and slacks look more relaxed. PEP says: "He is King. He can do anything!"
7. Lady in silky red. Kudos to Angelu de Leon for this form-flattering Avel Bacudio gown.
8. "This is... Iba iba! From my closet. I just saw a music video na wearing this. I got this shirt slash turtleneck sa Zara. And I got this [vest] from my high school prom suit. This [coat], I got this from the States," says Male Recording Artist of the Year Christian Bautista about his look.
9. Starstruck Ultimate Sweetheart Jewel Mische looks like a certified star in a gown created by JC Buendia.
10. All Abt Ur Luv star Mikee Lee is all about clean lines in his Joey Samson suit.
Check out the gallery for the award-winning outfits of your fave stars.