A new number one in the overall ratings game and a new show debuting at third spot.
These are the stories that colored the long weekend, which extended until Monday (August 27) in accordance with the advance celebration of National Heroes' Day.
ABS-CBN's Boy & Kris finally showed its muscle last Friday, August 24, by gathering a strong 13.7 percent rating compared to the 12.6 percent showing registered by GMA-7's SIS. This is according to the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households.
Edu Manzano's Kapamilya Game KNB? once more dominated its timeslot by trampling counterpart Takeshi's Castle in runaway fashion. Game KNB? collected a 22.1 percent rating while Takeshi's only managed to come up with a 13.5 percent performance.
Controversial ABS-CBN noontime show Wowowee, which was recently accused of altering game results, overtook the lead against stiff rival Eat Bulaga! last Friday by notching a 20.9 percent rating against the latter's 20.3 percent mark.
In the primetime slot, Marimar grabbed the top spot again with its impressive 33.1 percent rating, closely followed by Kokey with 32.2 percent rating. Meanwhile, Impostora continues to shine with an impressive 31.9 percent rating while Kris Aquino's Kapamilya Deal or No Deal followed with 25.4 percent.
Charo Santos's longtime running drama anthology, Maalaala Mo Kaya, in the, meantime clobbered Bubble Gang by posting a 20.5 percent rating against the 17.1 percent registered by its competitor.
Last Saturday, August 25, saw Edu Manzano's new game show, 1 vs. 100, debuting impressively at number three overall with 27.3 percent rating.
Eat Bulaga! maintained its supremacy during weekends by redeeming itself with a 21.8 percent marker versus Wowowee's 19.8 percent.
The battle of the showbiz talk shows loosened up a bit with Startalk gaining an upper hand with a 16.9 percent rating while Entertainment Live tallied 11.7 percent.
Bitoy's Funniest Videos still occupied the top spot overall with a 29.9 percent rating followed by the 27.9 percent tally collected by Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho.
Last Sunday, August 26, Sen. Bong Revilla's Kap's Amazing Stories grabbed the top spot with a 29.7 percent rating while Paolo Bediones's Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok trailed behind with a 27.5 percent rating.
Earlier that day, SOP's 18.8 percent beat ASAP '07's 14.5 percent rating. SOP's strong showing could be attributed to Michelle Van Eimeren's surprise phone patch on-air conversation with ex-husband Ogie Alcasid's current girlfriend, Regine Velasquez.
GMA-7's showbiz talk show Showbiz Central beat ABS-CBN's The Buzz for the second time in a row. Showbiz Central posted a 19.1 rating aganist The Buzz's 17.0 percent.
In the comedy sitcom department, Vic Sotto's Full Haus took Aga Muhlach to school with a 16.5 percent rating against Aga's That's My Doc's, which got 13.2 percent.
After reigning for two weeks in a row, Marimar was finally dislodged at the top spot by GMA-7's news program 24 Oras Monday, August 28.
24 Oras shot up to the number one spot overall based on the strength of its 33.8 percent rating while Marimar's 31.4 percent was good at number two.
Kokey came in at number three with a 30.9 percent followed by rival Mga Mata ni Anghelita's 29.9 percent.
Meanwhile, Wowowee's rating shot up to 26 percent compared to the 24.3 percent rating of Eat Bulaga!
Here are the ratings from Friday (August 24) to Monday (August 27):
August 24 (Friday):
1. Marimar (GMA-7) - 33.1 %
2. Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 32.2 %
3. Impostora (GMA-7) - 31.9 %
4. 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 31.1 %
5. Mga Mata ni Anghelita (GMA-7) - 30.2 %
6. Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 28.8 %
7. Jumong (GMA-7) - 26.8 %
8. TV Patrol World (GMA-7) - 26.2 %
9. Kapamilya Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 25.4 %
10. Meteor Garden (GMA-7) - 24.0 %
August 25 (Saturday):
1. Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 29.9 %
2. Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 27.9 %
3. 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 27.3 %
4. Celebrity Duets (GMA-7) - 27.2 %
5. Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 25.0 %
6. Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 22.7 %
7. Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 21.8 %
8. TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 21.4 %
9. John En Shirley (ABS-CBN) - 20.7 %
10. Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 19.8 %
August 26 (Sunday):
1. Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 29.5 %
2. Tok! Tok! Tok! (GMA-7) - 27.5 %
3. Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 25.8 %
4. Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 20.4 %
5. Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 19.1 %
6. All Star K (GMA-7) - 19.0 %
7. SOP (GMA-7) - 18.8 %
8. TV Patrol Linggo (ABS-CBN) - 17.5 %
9. Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 17.2 %
10. The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 17.0 %
August 27 (Monday):
1. 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 33.8 %
2. Marimar (GMA-7) - 31.4 %
3. Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 30.9 %
4. Mga Mata ni Anghelita (GMA-7) - 29.9 %
5. Impostora (GMA-7) - 29.3 %
6. Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 29.1 %
7. Kapamilya Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 26.7 %
8. Jumong (GMA-7) - 26.0 %
9. Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 26.0 %
10. TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 25.8 %
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines