Coconut oil is the new “beauty and health product” that KC Concepcion has been raving about on her social media accounts.
What’s good about it?
It’s inexpensive and is available almost everywhere that you can purchase it even in "palengke," says the Kapamilya star.
Based on her posts, the 29-year-old actress has recently learned about the numerous benefits of this miracle wonder by nature.
Available studies on the Internet showed that it can be a skin softener, a lip gel, and, according to OrganicFacts.net, "is good for several skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema."
Last June 30, a Twitter follower asked KC about the perfume she wears, she replied, “home-made coconut oil.”
And just this Wednesday, July 8, KC referred to this product as her recent “beauty obsession.”
KC’s caption stated: “Making a new batch of fresh #CoconutOil!!! My ultimate BEAUTY OBSESSION –try it as a natural makeup remover + perfume oil + antibiotic + moisturizer fr hair2toe. (P30 per coconut sa palengke. Less is more, ladies!) #GoodForYou #KCBeautyStories #KCinTheKitchen #AllNatural”
Making a new batch of fresh #CoconutOil!!! My ultimate BEAUTY OBSESSION - try it as a natural makeup remover + perfume oil + antibiotic + moisturizer fr hair2toe. ŸŒŸ˜Â€Â (P30 per coconut sa palengke Ÿ˜… Less is more, ladies!) #GoodForYou #KCBeautyStories #KCinTheKitchen #AllNatural
A video posted by KC Concepcion (@thisiskcconcepcion) onJul 7, 2015 at 10:08pm PDT
MORE BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL. An article posted on Health.com listed down some of coconut oils’ beauty benefits.
1. It is an effective body oil that you can apply it after you step out of the shower. Not only does it moisturizes the skin, but also emits a light tropical soothing scent.
2. It can be used as a hair mask. In the shower, you apply an ample amount on the strands and let it stay there for five minutes before rinsing off. In an instant, it moisturizes and adds shine to your crowning glory.
3. It is also effective in preventing frizzy hair. Simply rub it in between palms and fingers then apply the oil to the hair a few inches before the ends of hair strands.
4. It’s a practical substitute for eye cream. Rub a small amount in between fingers to warm it up and then dab on the skin below the eyes.
5. Apart from strengthening the nails, coconut oil is a good cuticle softener.
6. About a teaspoon of coconut oil can go a long way when it comes to removing make-up.
Applying warmed oil directly on the skin causes the make-up to melt away. You just need to rinse it off with water thoroughly.
7. To make a body-scrub mixture, just combine sea salt or sugar with an equal amount of coconut oil and then rub on the skin when taking a shower.
Use a bit more force on areas—such as the soles, elbows, and knees—where the skin seems thicker.
Rinse after scrubbing. The result? Smoother and softer skin!
Just don't spill oil on the floor so it won't get slippery.
8. If you need a home-made shaving cream, coconut oil is also a great substitute.
Simply apply the oil on the legs before using the razor, and witness how easy the task of shaving becomes.
What’s even better, the legs are moisturized.
Indeed, it is an all-around beauty wonder.