If we're to believe what feng shui masters say about Year of the Fire Monkey, most won't probably face it with much optimism.
Chen Shuaifu, the feng shui master interviewed by NBCNews, warned, "In 2016 we will see a big slide in the world economy.
"The global economic situation will be terrible, and lots of companies will be bankrupted."
But let's not be so negative, superstitions are just superstitions, and predictions will remain predictions unless they happen.
So whatever belief or forecast we read about 2016, we gotta take things in stride.
Just for fun, we put together a few things that may be relevant to stars and showbiz.
1. Good year for the industry
According to the website of Feng Shui Grand Master Raymond Lo, "The metal element is a symbol of money to the fire industry, which includes energy, stock market, finance, and entertainment."
2. Good year for singles to find love, but not a good year to get married
That was one of Vic Sotto's reasons for picking January 30 as his wedding date.
But if Solenn Heussaff and two more "IT Girls" would prefer getting married this year, most astrology websites advised to do it in the middle part of 2016.
3. Good year to "grow families"
Shuaifu said that stars (like Lucy Torres, Jessa Zaragoza, and Iya Villania) who want to have a baby this year shouldn't wait any longer.
4. Good time to reconcile is a.s.a.p.
Couples (hear, hear, Luis Manzano and Angel Locsin) who need to resolve matters of the heart, should not stall the reconciliation due to the monkey's tendency to be wily.
5. Good year for the three TV networks?
Lucky numbers are 4 and 9; the unlucky numbers are...2 and 7.
But TV5 should consider changing its station color since one of the unlucky colors is red.
White, blue, and gold are supposed to bring good luck.
6. Lucky year for those born under Year of the Snake, Year of the Dragon, and Year of the Pig
Just to give you an idea, Vice Ganda and Derek Ramsay (1976) plus Sarah Geronimo (1988) were born in the Year of the Dragon.
Born under the Snake sign were Lovi Poe and Shaina Magdayao (1989) plus Piolo Pascual (1977).
Kris Aquino (1971), John Lloyd Cruz (1983), Maine Mendoza and Daniel Padilla (1995) were all born in the Year of the Pig.
7. Unlucky year for those born under Year of the Monkey and Year of the Tiger.
Dingdong Dantes (1980) and Enrique Gil (1992) were both born in the Year of the Monkey.
Born under the Tiger sign were Ruffa Gutierrez (1974) and Carla Abellana (1986).
8. Ways to counter bad luck
The Sydney Morning Herald put out a list of dos and don'ts to start day one of the Chinese New Year right.
Here are the things that may apply to celebs:
- "Buy, give or do four of anything. The word for four has the misfortune of sounding like the word for death."
- Even if white the lucky color, avoid wearing it or anything black. Both are said to be "traditional colors of mourning."
- Wear new clothes.
- Eat fish. Actually, this goes with a set of instructions: "Place the head in the direction of the most distinguished or oldest guest, who eats first, then utter the lucky saying 'Nian Nian You Yu,'" which means meaning "abundance through the year."
- "Do not buy new shoes until after day 15 so as to avoid rough seas in the year ahead."
- Do not go to a salon so you don't wash away or trim the "freshly-accumulated luck."
- Don't allow babies to cry because the sound is supposed to bring bad luck.
Lastly, do not forget that regardless of the circumstances, just believe in yourself, hard work, and the power of prayer.