As the countdown begins for the return of Miss Universe to the shores of the Philippines, here are eight fast facts we know so far about the upcoming popular global pageant.
1. The grand coronation will be on January 30, 2017 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City.
2. Former Ilocos Sur Governor Luis "Chavit" Singson and his company LCS Holdings lead as the host committee for the private sector.
Rounding up the local business partners are Okada Manila, Solar Entertainment, Inc., and SM Lifestyle and Entertainment, Inc.
3. The three-hour telecast will be broadcast by Solar Entertainment, Inc., with negotiations still ongoing with free-to-air stations to ensure wider broadcast coverage.
4. The list of hosts and talents are still being finalized.
But in a short exclusive interview with Architect Richelle Singson-Michael, vice chairman of LCS Holdings and daughter of Chavit Singson, she revealed that Steve Harvey is one of the top choices.
Steve Harvey is famously the 2015 Miss Universe host who wrongly announced the winner as Miss Columbia, when it was in fact Miss Philippines.
5. The roster of performances may include foreign artists with Filipino blood or those who are half-Filipino.
6. Pre-pageant activities confirmed so far are the Governor’s Ball, National Costume, National Gift Auction, and Coronation Ball.
7. Local destinations being considered are the provinces of Vigan, Cebu, Baguio, and Davao. The official list has yet to be finalized and announced.
Excited? Here's the teaser video for the Miss Universe 2016.