Gabbi Garcia will be turning 18 this December 2.
And just like most debutantes, she will celebrate it with a grand party, #SincerelyGabbi, at the Manila Marriott Hotel on December 6.
At our visit to the set of Encantadia on November 16, the lady who's playing Sang'gre Alena told PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal), "Debut po talaga.
"Kasi yun nga, bata pa lang ako pinapapili na ako ng mommy ko kung party, travel or material things. Gusto ko po talaga, debut.
"Kasi, minsan lang, isang beses lang.
"At saka yung travel po, anytime naman po dahil yung Mommy ko, FA [flight attendant] naman, so kaya ko naman.
"Yung debut po, ano kasi ako, ma-close ako sa friends ko, family, so gusto kong magsama-sama lahat."
In her press conference yesterday, November 17,she told the reporters that it's going to "be a night where all my loved ones are present."
THE CELEBRATION. Gabbi conceptualized everything about her party, and she dished out a few details.
1. The theme is high-fashion minimalist.
"Minimalist po kasi ako, kung makikita niyo po ang pinaka-venue, sobrang minimal lang ang set-up."
2. Teddy Manuel is in charge of the set design.
He is the guy who's also styling the weddings of Karel Marquez and Rufa Mae Quinto.
3. Here's her invite.
On Instagram, she said it was "exactly how I pictured it."
4. Mark Bumgarner will design her two gowns.
5. Nope, Ruru Madrid will not be her escort.
In a separate interview, her love-team partner said it was Gabbi's choice not to have an escort.
The young lady said, smiling, "Sinabi niya? Grabe!
"Hindi naman po sa ayaw, baliw yun, hindi po ako nag-escort kasi gusto ko na yung night na yun, kaya ko ‘to sa sarili ko.
"Pero ang important naman is nandun si Ruru at nasa eighteen roses ko siya. Pang-seventeen ko siya."
Does that mean Ruru is more special than the rest of the guys in her 18 roses?
"Oo naman po," she admitted.
"Three years din po kaming magkasama and talagang magka-close talaga. Marami rin kaming memories together."
6. These gentlemen will be part of her 18 roses: Ruru Madrid, Alden Richards, Rodjun Cruz, Jerald Napoles, Andre Paras, Rocco Nacino, Kim Last, Miguel Tanfelix, Pancho Magno, Gardo Versoza, Christian Bautista, and Derrick Monasterio.
7. Her first dance will be her lolo, while her last dance will be her dad, Vince Lopez.
8. Kapamilya Julia Barretto will be part of her 18 candles.
The two have been friends since high school. They both went to St. Paul College in Pasig City.
9. Also included in her 18 candles: Rita Avila, Donita Rose, Gabby Eigenmann, Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola, and fellow Sang'gres Kylie Padilla, Glaiza de Castro, and Sanya Lopez.
10. Dress code: Black and white
REAL SCORE WITH RURU. Is Ruru her boyfriend?
“Hindi pa, hindi pa rin."
A lot of girls are allowed by their parents to have a boyfriend once they turn 18...
Gabbi threw in, "Hindi pa rin, e! Bawal pa rin at saka mahirap."
The bunso in their family, she has an older sister named Alex. Are her parents more strict with her?
"Parehas lang naman, parehas lang silang mahigpit."
When is she allowed to have a boyfriend?
"Wala silang sinasabi e parang wala yata silang balak," she ended, joking.