Michael Leyva, the designer who made Nadine's sultry red terno gown, told PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) through an Instagram direct message that he wanted to make something "classic" for the Viva artist.
He wanted to design a gown that would "perfectly match" Nadine's personality and, at the same time, would show "some sexiness and sophistication."
Michael added, "It is important that we design something that will complement the one who will wear it."
People also read: The best-dressed stars at the ABS-CBN Ball 2019
The designer revealed that it was Nadine's trusted stylist Joanna Garcia who commissioned him to create the actress' gown.
The modern red Filipiniana gown was "fully beaded with Swarovski crystals and rhinestones."
To complete her look for the night, make-up artist Jelly Eugenio added a "crystal touch" on her face and hairstylist Paul Nebres kept her hair long and sleek.
The ABS-CBN Ball 2019 was for the benefit of Bantay Bata 163. This year, the foundation focused on raising funds for the Bantay Edukasyon Program.
For more stories about ABS-CBN Ball, read here:
- Ylona Garcia: Golden moment at the ABS-CBN Ball 2019
- A closer look at Maymay Entrata's jewelry at the ABS-CBN Ball 2019
- Dawn Zulueta, Jodi Sta. Maria, and other ladies in black at ABS-CBN Ball 2019
- Isabelle Daza slays it at ABS-CBN Ball 2019 in vintage terno of mom Gloria Diaz
- Scarlet Snow Belo skips bedtime to hold her mom's hand on the red carpet