This year's MET gala became a battle of metallics and cutouts.
A very exclusive event in New York City, the red carpet of this annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute has become one of the most awaited in Hollywood.
Following the theme Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology, see how these ten stars merged fashion and technology in the best ways possible.
1. Claire Danes was the night's Best Dressed with this Cinderella "glow in the dark" dress by Zac Posen.
2. Kendall Jenner stunned in her Versace dress, which was described by MTV as "Tangled Headphone."
3. Emma Watson wowed with her organic pantsuit by Calvin Klein.
It was "made from sustainable cotton, satin, and taffeta woven from recycled plastic yarn."
4. Naomi Watts, clad in her Burberry "techno" silver gown, made heads turn.
5. Best-dressed couple Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik wore custom Tommy Hilfiger.
What was not shown on the above photo was Gigi's "chrome nails with hidden crystals," which, according to Kiss Nails, cost $2,000 or 93,970 pesos.
Here's a closer look at the supermodel's expensive nails.
Photo: Kiss Nails
6. Nicole Kidman was a "celestial goddess" in her Alexander McQueen dress.
Nicole Kidman wearing an @worldmcqueen Alexander McQueen AW16 Silver moon embroidered chiffon dress and cape at tonight’s Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit 2016, ‘Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology’ in New York. #AlexanderMcQueen #NicoleKidman #MetGala #ManusxMachina #metball #redcarpet
7. Kate Hudson's Versace "cut-out" bridal-inspired gown had metal plates.
8. Jessica Chastain's "blue peacock" gown by Prada was lovely.
9. Lady Gaga came to the event pants-less in her Versace "laser cut leather" ensemble.
Her 10-inch patent platform shoes became a topic among the Netizens, too.
lady gaga can walk in these shoes, but u can't text me back? (the 2 are unrelated, but y can't u text me back?) pic.twitter.com/QZgJnzsJSJ— lauren yap (@itslaurenyap) May 3, 2016
10. Beyonce's Givenchy dress was called "condom couture" by Hollywood stylist Johnny Wujek.
But she pulled it off, right?