Kathryn Bernardo's black dress at the recent Star Magic Ball was her most sophisticated OOTN yet.
IMAGE Nice Print Photography
From her signature dainty style, she stunned with something more dramatic.
From favoring white and light for the past five years, she chose bold black.
From minimal accessories, she added some bling.
But she remained fresh-faced.
And her choice of silhouette did not deviate much from mermaid or trumpet.
What did it take for Kathryn to totally veer away from her Teen Queen tag?
Here are a few details you should know.
1. Celebrity stylist duo Kim and Boop Yap led Kath's glam team once again.
They wanted her to look "classic all the way" and "effortlessly chic."
2. The details on her gown were hand-sewn by skilled artisans.
The Dubai-based designer shared on his Instagram account a video showing the intricate thread work on Kathryn's gown.
script src="//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js" async="" defer="defer">
The making of the custom-made black detailed dress for the very beautiful KATHRYN BERNARDO for Star Magic Ball 2016... @bernardokath @sayed5inco @boopyap @kimiyap @johnvalle20 @niceprintphoto @deniseochoa @valtaguba #couture #StarMagicBall2016 #KathrynBernardo #Dubai #MyDubai #MadeinDubai #MichaelCinco
3. Kath wore two kinds of necklace from Luvi Jewelry plus earrings and a ring from JMA Jewelry.
4. Her strappy sandals were by Stuart Weitzman.
5. Celebrity hairstylist and messy hair expert John Valle went for a textured, tousled wet-look hairdo for Kath.
6. Her make-up by Denise Go-Ochoa was au naturel: nude peach lips, a dash of blush, and tinge of natural beige eye make-up.
Check out the behind-the-scene video of Kath's preparation for the Star Magic Ball 2016.