Now on its eight year, Piolo Pascual's annual run event SunPIOLOgy is once again star-studded even if it's a rainy afternoon.
Usually held on the last week of November, it has become a tradition of sorts for runners and families to join it and welcome the Christmas season with an act of generosity.
This year's focus is on "Sugar Wars," which aims to raise awareness on diabetes.
Hence, obstacles and battle stations about "sugary food enemies," "symptoms," and "prevention" are incorporated in the race routes inside Camp Aguinaldo on November 19.
Proceeds of the run will go to Hebreo Foundation, Lingkod Kapamilya, Noordhoff Craniofacial Foundation, and Institute for Studies on Diabetes Foundation, Inc.
Here's Piolo's son Inigo Pascual having a groufie with fellow runners before the gun start.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Inigo joins the 5K run.
(L-R) Patrick Segui, Axel Torres, Piolo's running coach Rio, Inigo, and Joshua Garcia.
- Rhian Ramos was personally invited by Piolo. She became the Kapamilya actor's co-star in Silong, a film directed by Jeffrey Hidalgo and Roy Sevilla Ho.
- Also spotted: Gerald Anderson
- Jake Cuenca joins the 3K run.
- Joshua Garcia runs 5K.
- Star Magic talent Ysabel Ortega
- Rea Atayde (left) and former Pinoy Big Brother housemate Heaven Peralejo both join the 3K run.
- Andrei Felix serves as host for the race portion.
- After his 10K run, Piolo sings the theme song of Jericho Rosales and Arci Munoz's soap Magpahanggang Wakas at the free concert.
- Bailey May and Ylona Garcia, who are also known for their moniker BaiLona, perform "O, Pag-ibig," their entry to Himig Handog 2016.
- Also providing kilig is the tandem of McCoy De Leon and Elisse Joson. The two sing Yeng Constantino's "Chinito."
- The ladies scream at the sight of Kilig Ambassadors, the #Hashtags boys, who officially open the free concert.
- Girl Trends also prepare a dance number.
- The Voice winner Jason Dy sings "Be My Lady."
- Jovit Baldivino sings Journey's "Faithfully" effortlessly.
- Young JV and Gem Ramos both pick upbeat songs.
- Inigo sings "Dahil Sa 'Yo," his first single, while Klarisse de Guzman renders her version of "Loving You."
- Hosting the free concert are Eric Nicolas and John Lapus.