Dealing with mildew (a fungus similar to mold) is a common problem among homeowners as it tends to leave unpleasant odor wherever it forms.
Naturally, we all try to find an easy fix with air fresheners and sprays, but what most people don't know is air movement and proper cleaning is vital to removing these kinds of smell.
However, if airing out spaces and constant scrubbing to remove the odors is still not enough, it might be time to use the handy trick of making your own grapefruit seed extract spray.
What you need:
- 20 drops of grapefruit seed extract
- 5 drops of tea tree oil
- 2 cups of water
1. Mix 20 drops of grapefruit seed extract with 5 drops of tea tree oil. Both have properties to kill bacteria and germ-related odors.
2. Slowly stir in 2 cups of water. Transfer to a spray bottle.
3. Shake well. Spray the infested area thoroughly with this solution and allow it to air dry.
SOURCE: HOME REMEDY HACKS
This story originally appeared on RealLiving.com.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the PEP.ph editors.