New Kapamilya star Angel Locsin's presence in ASAP '07 and Kapamilya Deal Or No Deal help propel these ABS-CBN shows to the top in their timeslots.
Angel's grand welcome in ASAP '07 last Sunday, August 19, posted a rating of 20.6 percent while its rival, GMA-7's SOP, got 17.0 percent rating. This is according to the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Metro Manila households.
On the following day, August 20, Angel was the celebrity contestant in Kris Aquino's game show, Deal Or No Deal, and it got a high 32.8 percent rating. That figure was the highest for any Kapamilya show that day. Angel's guesting in Deal Or No Deal went up against Kapuso telenovela Impostora, which posted 30.0 percent.
Many were expecting that Angel's apperance in Kris's game show would pit her directly against Marian Rivera's Marimar on GMA-7. But since Lupin ended last Friday, its original timeslot was taken over by Marimar, which is now pitted against Judy Ann Santos's Ysabella. The role of Marimar was first offered to Angel, but the former Kapuso star declined.
Deal or No Deal's may be ABS-CBN's highest rater last night, but it still fell short of toppling the consistent top-rater Marimar, which posted a rating of 33.1 percent. Marimar even posted a higher rating last Friday, August 17, with a remarkable 38.1 percent.
Although Kokey, ABS-CBN's fantaserye, managed to topple GMA-7's Mga Mata ni Anghelita last week, the latter fought back last night, August 20. Anghelita posted a 31.1 percent rating while Kokey got 29.8 percent. Last Friday, August 17, Kokey was on top with 33.9 percent against Anghelita's 32.2 percent.
Meanwhile, Lupin's finale, posted the second highest number last Friday with 37.6 percent rating.
In the battle of showbiz talk shows last Saturday, August 18, GMA-7's Startalk pounced its rival, newbie Entertainment Live of ABS-CBN. The 11-year-old Startalk got a steady 19.6 rating against three-week-old Entertainment Live, which got a 15.4 percent rating.
In the Sunday showbiz talks shows, Showbiz Central of the Kapuso network narrowly beat ABS-CBN's The Buzz by mere 0.1 percent. Showbiz Central got 15.5 percent while The Buzz got 15.4 percent.
Michael V's Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7), which celebrated its third anniversary, emerged as the overall top-rater last Saturday, August 18, with a very strong 37.1 percent.
Last Sunday, August 19, GMA-7's game show Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok was the day's highest rater with 27.1 percent. Bong Revilla's new Kapuso show, Kap's Amazing Stories, also debuted well with 27.0 percent rating.
Meanwhile, GMA-7's morning talk show SiS benefitted a great deal last stormy Friday as it posted a commanding 20.9 percent rating against the 12.8 rating registered by ABS-CBN's Boy & Kris. It is important to take note that achieving at least a 20 rating is a rare occurrence for morning shows due mainly to low audience turnout during those hours.
In the daily noontime programs, Eat Bulaga! continues to dominate the competition and even landing on the Top 10 programs last Friday, Saturday, and Monday.
The following are the top programs from Friday to Monday:
August 17 (Friday):
1. Marimar (GMA-7) - 38.1%
2. Lupin (GMA-7) - 37.6%
3. 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 35.4%
4. Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 33.9%
5. Mga Mata ni Anghelita (GMA-7) - 32.2%
6. Impostora (GMA-7) - 30.7%
7. Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 30.6%
8. TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 29.0%
9. Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 25.6%
10. Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 25.4%
August 18 (Saturday):
1. Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 37.1%
2. Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 32.2%
3. Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 25.0%
4. Sabado Movies: Sukob (ABS-CBN) - 24.6%
5. Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 24.3%
6. Celebrity Duets (GMA-7) - 24.2%
7. Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 21.8%
8. Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 20.2%
9. Startalk (GMA-7) - 19.6%
10. Pedro Penduko (ABS-CBN) - 18.6%
August 19 (Sunday):
1. Tok! Tok! Tok! (GMA-7) - 27.1%
2. Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 27.0%
3. Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 23.0%
4. Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 22.7%
5. All Star K (GMA-7) - 21.4%
6. ASAP (ABS-CBN) - 20.6%
7. Full Haus (GMA-7) - 20.6%
8. Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 19.4%
9. SOP (GMA-7) - 17.0%
10. TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 16.3%
August 21 (Monday):
1. Marimar (GMA-7) - 33.1%
2. Deal Or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 32.8%
3. 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 31.5%
4. Mga Mata Ni Anghelita (GMA-7) - 31.1%
5. Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 30.2%
6. Impostora (GMA-7) - 30.0%
7. Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 29.8%
8. Walang Kapalit (ABS-CBN) - 27.1%
9. Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 26.0%
10. Jumong (GMA-7) - 25.1%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines