New shows from both giant networks made their presence feltby moving and shaking the ratings game from October 26 to 30, based on theovernight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manilahouseholds.
GMA-7's new game show Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade V hosted byJanno Gibbs, and ABS-CBN's new reality show Pinoy Mano-Mano: Celebrity BoxingChallenge hosted by Cesar Montano and Bayani Agbayani made impressive debutslast Saturday, Oct. 27, figuring prominently in the Top 10 primetime programs.
Kakasa Ka Ba Sa GradeV, a Mark Burnett production, debuted at No. 2—tied with Kapuso Mo,Jessica Soho—with 30.7 percent rating. Pinoy Mano-Mano, featuring the boxing match between TJ Trinidad and Jordan Herrera, placed No.6 on its pilot episode with 14.9 percent.
The top-rater last Saturday, however, was Bitoy's FunniestVideos which posted 32.6 percent rating.
The daytime viewing was dominated by the longest-runningnoontime show, Eat Bulaga, which got a 23.1 percent rating.
Meanwhile, the last episodes of two superhero series,GMA-7's Fantastic Man and ABS-CBN's Pedro Penduko at Ang Mga Engkantao, placedsecond and third, respectively. Mark Herras's Fantastic Man got the upper handwith 21.1 percent rating compared to the 17.8 percent rating of Matt Evans'sPedro Penduko.
Last Sunday, October 28, the Kapamilya network ruled thedaytime slot as The Buzz (16.9 percent) and ASAP '07 (15.6 percent) grabbed thetop two spots. They were closely followed by Kapuso network's SOP at No. 3 (15.4percent) and Showbiz Central at No. 4 (15.4 percent).
Mel & Joey grabbed the top spot from perennial primetimeSunday leaders Tok! Tok! Tok! and Kap's Amazing Stories. The magazine show ofMel Tiangco and Joey de Leon posted a 27.5 percent rating, against the 26.2percent of Paolo Bediones's game show Whammy, and the 24.7 percent of Bong Revilla'svideo-powered show.
With the entry of GMA-7's new suspense-drama series, LaVendetta, ABS-CBN's Ysabella was bumped off from the Top 10 primetime shows. LaVendetta placed No. 4 (31.1 percent) last Tuesday, October 30, while Ysabelladropped to No. 11 (20.1 percent).
The top three spots remained untouched: Marimar atNo.1 (41.9 percent), Zaido at No. 2 (34.4 percent), and 24 Oras at No. 3 (31.5percent). GMA-7's Koreanovela, Hwang Jini, took the 8th spot.
The highest rater among ABS-CBN shows was Kokey at No. 5 with27.4 percent, followed by Pangarap na Bituin at No. 6, Pinoy Big BrotherCelebrity Edition at No. 7, TV Patrol World at No. 9, and Lastikman at No. 10.
The ratings for October 29, Monday, was not yet available atpress time.
Here are the Top 10 daytime and primetime shows for October26, 27, 28, and 30:
October 26 (Friday)
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 23%
- Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) - 22.4%
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 21.6%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 21.1%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 18.8%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 18.7%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 17.3%
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 16.7%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- SiS (GMA-7) - 15.5%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 42.4%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 32.6%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 28.4%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 24.4%
- Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 24.1%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 22.9%
- Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 22.6%
- Pangarap na Bituin (ABS-CBN) / Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 22%
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 17.2%
- Bubble Gang: Dosena (GMA-7) - 15.3%
October 27 (Saturday)
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 23.1%
- Fantastic Man (GMA-7) - 21.1%
- Pedro Penduko at Ang Mga Engkantao (ABS-CBN) - 17.8%
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 17.3%
- Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN (GMA-7) - 16.7%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 16.5%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 16.4%
- StarTalk (GMA-7) - 13.2%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 12.7%
- Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) - 10.5%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 32.6%
- Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade V (GMA-7) / Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 30.7%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 25.4%
- 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 17.1%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- Pinoy Mano-Mano: Celebrity Boxing Challenge (ABS-CBN) - 14.9%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 14.4%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 14%
- Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 13.3%
- Sine Totoo (GMA-7) - 9.2%
October 28 (Sunday)
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 16.9%
- ASAP '07 (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- SOP (GMA-7) - 15.4%
- Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 15.2%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 12.8%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 12.7%
- Coke: Ride to Fame (GMA-7) - 12.6%
- Love Spell Presents Cindy-Ella (ABS-CBN) - 11.2%
- Boys Nxt Door (GMA-7) - 10.4%
- Ka Pete Na! Totally Outrageous Behavior (ABS-CBN) - 8.7%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 27.5%
- Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (GMA-7) - 26.2%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 24.7%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 23.1%
- All Star K (GMA-7) - 22.7%
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 21.8%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 21.3%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 19.2%
- Ful Haus (GMA-7) - 18.3%
- Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 14.9%
October 30 (Tuesday)
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 23.9%
- Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) - 23.4%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 22.2%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 21.3%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 20.6%
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 19.4%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 18.7%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 18.5%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 15%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 41.9%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 34.4%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 31.5%
- La Vendetta (GMA-7) - 31.1%
- Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 27.4%
- Pangarap na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 26.1%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 25.9%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 24.9%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 24.8%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN - 24.3%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines