Both GMA-7's Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap and ABS-CBN's Kokey ended their television run last Friday, November 9, with flying colors.
For the last time, Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap, bowed out at No. 1 with a remarkable 27.8 percent rating. ABS-CBN's Kokey, on the other hand, gathered a 28.6 percent clip, good enough to snuggle into the fifth spot in the primetime bracket for the last time.
Charo Santos's long-running drama anthology, Maalaala Mo Kaya featuring Valerie Concepcion and Luis Manzano, also had a strong showing that same day, registering 24.4 percent to grab the seventh place and even thumping Sarah Geronimo's Pangarap na Bituin (22.4 percent) and ABS-CBN's strong bet, Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (21.3 percent).
Sadly, two other ABS-CBN shows—Ysabella (No. 11, 21 percent) and Lastikman (No. 12, 18.2 percent)—failed to make it to the Top 10.
The bikini showdown between Bella (Marian Rivera) and Angelika (Katrina Halili) in Marimar, however, was the day's most-watched television program. Marimar retained its No. 1 position by posting a whopping 47.2 percent rating, followed by three other Kapuso shows—Zaido (36.9 percent), La Vendetta (32.1 percent), and 24 Oras (31.5).
Saturday, November 10, witnessed the return of Eat Bulaga to the apex of the daytime race. The "Miss Bebot 2007" finals in Eat Bulaga clamped down on the comeptition to reclaim the No. 1 spot with its 28 percent rating.
Last week's No. 1 Super Inggo 1.5 dropped to fifth place with 18.6 percent rating, behind Wish Ko Lang's 19.2 percent rating and Fantastic Man's 18.9 percent.
Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho, in the meantime, nudged Michael V's Bitoy's Funniest Videos out of the top spot by a hairline. Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho mustered enough strength to grab the lead with a 31.3 percent rating against Bitoy's Funniest Videos' 30.8 percent.
Dangerous Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (25.3 percent) loomed at the No. 4 spot overall, just behind Janno Gibbs's game show, Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade 5, which registered an impressive 26.5 percent.
There's no rest for Paolo Bediones as his Sunday game show Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok once more escaped the hot pursuit of Mel & Joey (24.8 percent), Kap's Amazing Stories (23.3 percent), and Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (20.2 percent) to end the week at No.1 with a 26.2 percent rating.
The battle of Sunday showbiz talk shows was once again won by Showbiz Central (No. 4) with 14.3 percent rating compared to The Buzz's (No. 5) 11.5 percent.
Meanwhile, it was a close fight between the two Sunday musical variety programs, but SOP (14.7 percent) slightly edged out rival ASAP '07 (14.6 percent) by mere .01 percent.
But it was Takeshi's Castle that led the daytime slot overall with its 15.8 percent rating.
Monday, November 12, turned out to be Daisy Siete's lucky day as the SexBomb Girls shot to the top spot via its 23.9 percent rating. GMA-7's new afternoon drama series My Only Love, starring Rhian Ramos and Mark Herras, debuted at No.3 with a 19.8 percent showing.
The primetime slot, again topped by Marimar (45.7 percent), also had a rookie to show off. ABS-CBN's Princess Sarah officially opened its gates to the viewing public. Determined to prove itself as a worthy successor to Kokey, Princess Sarah, topbilled by child star Sharlene San Pedro, debuted with 27.1 percent rating to upset Vhong Navarro's Lastikman (22.7 percent), which only tallied at No. 8 overall.
Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 almost made the 30-percent mark. PBB last Monday fell short, coming up with 29.2 percent rating, good for No.4 overall.
Here are the Top 10 shows for daytime and primetime programs from November 9 to 12 according to the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households:
November 9 (Friday)
- Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) - 27.8%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 24.9%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) / Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 24.4%
- Kapamilya, Deal Or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 21%
- Couple Or Trouble (GMA-7) - 20.3%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 19.4%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 18.5%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 15.8%
- Pinoy Movie Hits (ABS-CBN) - 12.5%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 11.9%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 47.2%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 36.9%
- La Vendetta (GMA-7) - 32.1%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 31.5%
- Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 28.6%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 26%
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 24.4%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 22.8%
- Pangarap Na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 22.4%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 21.3%
November 10 (Saturday)
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 28%
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 19.2%
- Fantastic Man (GMA-7) - 18.9%
- Super Inggo 1.5 (ABS-CBN) - 18.6%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 17.5%
- Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) - 16.6%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 14.9%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 14.8%
- StarTalk (GMA-7) - 14.6%
- Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) - 10.8%
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 31.3%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 30.8%
- Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade 5? (GMA-7) - 26.5%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 25.3%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 24.6%
- 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 22.8%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 17.9%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 17.6%
- Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 15.3%
- Sine Tototoo (GMA-7) - 12%
November 11 (Sunday)
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 15.8%
- SOP (GMA-7) - 14.7%
- ASAP '07 (ABS-CBN) - 14.6%
- Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 14.4%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 11.5%
- Boys Nxt Door (GMA-7) - 11.4%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 10.9%
- Love Spell Presents Cindy-rella (ABS-CBN) - 10%
- Ka Pete Na! Totally Outrageous Behavior (ABS-CBN) - 8.6%
- Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (GMA-7) - 26.2%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 24.8%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 23.3%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 20.2%
- All Star K (GMA-7) - 19.6%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 17.2%
- Ful Haus (GMA-7) - 15.7%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 14.6%
- Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 14.3%
- That's My Doc (ABS-CBN) - 13.8%
November 12 (Monday)
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 23.9%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 22.7%
- My Only Love (GMA-7) - 19.8%
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) / Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 19.7%
- Pinoy Movie Hits (ABS-CBN) - 18.9%
- Couple Or Trouble (GMA-7) - 18.2%
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 17.8%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 16.6%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 15.8%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 14.7%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 45.7%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 36.1%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 31%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 29.2%
- La Vendetta (GMA-7) - 28.9%
- Princess Sarah (ABS-CBN) - 27.1%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 25.2%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 22.7%
- Pangarap Na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 20.6%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 18.2%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines