Dingdong Dantes andMarian Rivera's Dyesebel punctuatedits winning run by topping the primetime category of the Nationwide Urban TVAudience Measurement (NUTAM) race for the month of October.
Dyesebel's33.6 percent rating edged out Dyosa's33 percent grade to claim the overall No. 1 spot. TVPatrol World claimed the third spot by registering 32.3 percent while BeaAlonzo's own primetime series, I LoveBetty La Fea, scored a rating of 30.9, good enough for fourth place finish.
Dennis Trillo's latestfantasy series, Gagambino—which openedlast October 20—barged in at No. 6 with a rating of 29.5 percent, trailing behind fifthplacer Iisa Pa Lamang (30.1 percent). RichardGutierrez's now defunct action-adventure series Codename:Asero also made a strong showing to hold off Regine Velasquez's Ako Si Kim Samsoon andRhian Ramos's La Lola.
Kris Aquino's ABS-CBN game show Kapamilya, Deal Or No Deal completed the Top 10 with 25.9 percent.
Interestingly, consistent Mega-Manila top-rater Survivor Philippines failed to nail a spot in the Top 10.
The Top WeekdayPrograms for daytime showed a more erratic trend as ABS-CBN and GMA-7 programsslugged it out to fill in each of the allotted spots.
Willie Revillame's ABS-CBN variety-gameshow Wowowee,still emerged on top, albeit another rally was displayed by GMA-7'safternoon drama team of Una Kang Naging Akinand Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan.
September's second placer El Cuerpo Del Deseo slipped to No. 4, followedby Ryan Agoncillo's Pieta.
WowoweeandEat Bulaga! renewed their heatedrivalry in the weekend contest with Willie's show amassing a total of 22.3percent rating against the 20.1 percent of the longest-running noontime show hosted by Tito, Vic & Joey.
The last few months saw thedomination of boxing matches in the weekend survey, which consequently affectedthe ranking of local programs.
ABS-CBN programs lordedit over in the Top Weekend Programs for primetime viewing as it occupied eightout of the ten slots. Pinoy Dream Academy:Little Grand Night, Maalaala Mo Kaya, Komiks Prsents Varga, Pinoy Dream AcademyLittle Dreamers, The Singing Bee, Rated K, Goin' Bulilit, and evenAga Muhlach's That's My Doc ganged upagainst the competition.
As it turned out, only two GMA-7 shows—Bitoy's Funniest Videos and Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho—managed to enter the winning column.
Here are the Top 10weekday and weekend programs for the month of October, based on a surveyconducted by AGB Nielsen among NUTAM households:
Top Weekday Programs (Daytime)
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 22.6%
- Una Kang Naging Akin (GMA-7) - 20.7%
- Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan (GMA-7) - 20.3%
- El Cuerpo Del Deseo (ABS-CBN) - 19.7%
- Pieta (ABS-CBN) - 19.2%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 18.7%
- Ligaw Na Bulaklak (ABS-CBN) - 18.6%
- Street Fighter (GMA-7) - 18.1%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 18%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 17.7%
Top Weekday Programs (Primetime)
- Dyesebel (GMA-7) - 33.6%
- Dyosa (ABS-CBN) - 33%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 32.3%
- I Love Betty La Fea (ABS-CBN) - 30.9%
- Iisa Pa Lamang (ABS-CBN) - 30.1%
- Gagambino (GMA-7) - 29.5%
- Codename: Asero (GMA-7) - 29.4%
- Ako Si Kim Samsoon (GMA-7) - 27.7%
- La Lola (GMA-7) - 26.4%
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 25.9%
Top Weekend Programs (Daytime)
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 22.3%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 20.1%
- ASAP '08 (ABS-CBN) - 19%
- Dragon Ball Z (GMA-7) - 18.7%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 17.6%
- Cinema FPJ Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) - 17.1%
- Bakugan Battle Brawlers (GMA-7) - 15.6%
- Wish Ko Lang! (GMA-7) - 15.4%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 15.2%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 14.1%
Top Weekend Programs (Primetime)
- Pinoy Dream Academy Little Grand Dream Night** (ABS-CBN) - 37.5%
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 31.1%
- Komiks (ABS-CBN) - 30.4%
- Pinoy Dream Academy Little Dreamers (ABS-CBN) - 28.1%
- The Singing Bee (ABS-CBN) - 26.7%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 26.3%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 25.7%
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 24.9%
- Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 23.6%
- That's My Doc (ABS-CBN) - 23.4%
Source: AGB NielsenMedia Research, Philippines