ABS-CBN's new fantaserye Agua Bendita seemed to be continuing the winning streak of May Bukas Pa in the primetime race. Agua Bendita, which took over the timeslot of May Bukas Pa, debuted last February 8 with a very impressive 37.7 percent to claim overall leadership. It also seemed that the Kapamilya network has found another gem in Andi Eigenmann, who is starring in her very first solo soap.
Aside from Agua Bendita, three new shows from GMA-7 also debuted last Monday—the early primetime series First Time, the afternoon soap Gumapang Ka Sa Lusak, and the early morning talent show Diz Iz It!.
First Time, which stars tween idols Barbie Forteza, Joshua Dionisio, and Jhake Vargas posted a rating of 18.7 percent on its pilot episode, just missing the Top 10 of the primetime race.
Gumapang Ka Sa Lusak, starring Dennis Trillo and Jennylyn Mercado, debuted at No. 6 in the daytime race by virtue of its 13.5 percent rating. Diz It It!, on the other hand, tied with ABS-CBN's Maria de Jesus: Anghel Sa Lansangan at No. 10 with 12.1 percent.
Wowowee topped the daytime race with 23.5 percent.
Here are the comparative ratings of ABS-CBN and GMA-7 programs last February 8 based on the overnight ratings of Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS) among National households.
Umagang Kay Ganda (ABS-CBN) 5.4%; Mr. Bean (ABS-CBN) 5.5%; Unang Hirit (GMA-7) 5.1%
Gintama (ABS-CBN) 5.5%; Hunter X Hunter (GMA-7) 7.9%; Pokemon Master Quest (GMA-7) 8.8%
Naruto Shippuuden (ABS-CBN) 7.2%; Kekkaishi (GMA-7) 9.6%
Miss No Good The Bonggacious Comeback (ABS-CBN) 7%; Knock Out (GMA-7) 10.3%
Showtime (ABS-CBN) 18.6%; Diz Iz It! (GMA-7) 12.1%
Wowowee (ABS-CBN) 23.5%; Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) 17.5%; Daisy Siete: Bebe & Me (GMA-7) 12.5%
Magkanao ang Iyong Dangal? (ABS-CBN) 15.4%; Gumapang Ka Sa Lusak (GMA-7) 13.5%
Maria de Jesus: Anghel Sa Lansangan (ABS-CBN) 12.1%; Ina, Kasusuklaman Ba Kita? (GMA-7) 12.9%
Banana Split Daily Servings (ABS-CBN) 10.2%; Pinoy Big Brother Double Up Uber (ABS-CBN) 12.8%; Wow Hayop (GMA-7) 6.8%
Love Is Only in the Movies (ABS-CBN) 13.7%; Family Feud (GMA-7) 9.2%
Tanging Yaman (ABS-CBN) 20.5%; First Time (GMA-7) 18.7%
TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) 31.6%; 24 Oras (GMA-7) 23.6%
Agua Bendita (ABS-CBN) 37.7%; Darna (GMA-7) 27.1%
Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo (ABS-CBN) 33.1%; The Last Prince (GMA-7) 27.7%
Habang May Buhay (ABS-CBN) 30.7%; Full House (GMA-7) 25.2%
Pinoy Big Brother Double Up (ABS-CBN) 27.3%; Queen Seon Deok (GMA-7) 17.3%
SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon (ABS-CBN) 11.4%; Bandila (ABS-CBN) 6%; Saksi (GMA-7) 8.3%
XXX. (ABS-CBN) 5.2%; Pinoy Big Brother Double Up Late (ABS-CBN) 2%; I Witness (GMA-7) 5.7%
Here are the Top 10 daytime and primetime programs last February 8 based on the overnight survey of TNS among National households:
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 23.5%
- Showtime (ABS-CBN) - 18.6%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 17.5%
- Magkano ang Iyong Dangal? (ABS-CBN) - 15.4%
- Love Is Only in the Movies (ABS-CBN) - 13.7%
- Gumapang Ka Sa Lusak (GMA-7) - 13.5%
- Ina, Kasusuklaman Ba Kita? (GMA-7) - 12.9%
- Pinoy Big Brother Up Uber (ABS-CBN) - 12.8%
- Daisy Siete: Bebe & Me (GMA-7) - 12.5%
- Diz Iz It! (GMA-7) / Maria de Jesus: Ang Anghel Sa Lansangan (ABS-CBN) - 12.1%
- Agua Bendita (ABS-CBN) - 37.7%
- Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo (ABS-CBN) - 33.1%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 31.6%
- Habang May Buhay (ABS-CBN) - 30.7%
- The Last Prince (GMA-7) - 27.7%
- Pinoy Big Brother Double Up (ABS-CBN) - 27.3%
- Darna (GMA-7) - 27.1%
- Full House (GMA-7) - 25.2%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 23.6%
- Tanging Yaman (ABS-CBN) - 20.5%