HOLLYWOOD UPDATES: Sarah Jessica Parker buys $21M townhouse in NY; Michael Jackson's dad files laswsuit against the King of Pop's doctor

(Left) Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet moves her children back to UK so that they can be with their father, director Sam Mendes, while he is filming the new James Bond movie; (right) Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker has just bouth a new townhouse in New York reportedly worth $21 million.


SARAH JESSICA PARKER has purchased a new $21 million townhouse in New York City.

The Sex and the City actress—who has three children, James, eight, and 17-month-old twins, Tabitha and Marion, with husband Matthew Broderick—is moving from her current home in the West Village area of the city to 88 Central Park West.

According to The New York Observer newspaper, the new home, the former residence of philanthropist Laurie Tisch, features a 32-foot long living room, eight bedrooms, five bathrooms and five "half" bathrooms.

In addition, there are two walk-in wardrobes in the master bedroom of the property, which has seen its price drop by $3.5 million since August.

Although the purchase of the new house is believed to be complete, it comes after a long search to find a different New York home by Sarah Jessica and Matthew.

Earlier this year, they were believed to have been keen on a huge $24 million townhouse, as well as a penthouse on 54 Bond Street.

They were also rumoured to be interested in Madonna's old home in Central Park West, but nothing happened because the co-operative board of the building were angry about the 'Celebration' singer's constant noisy construction work.

NATALIE PORTMAN has branded her masturbation scene in Black Swan "disgusting."

The film, about two ballerinas battling it out for the lead role in Swan Lake, contains a particularly graphic scene in which Natalie's character Nina is caught by her mother pleasuring herself, and she admits it was one of the most uncomfortable things she has ever had to film.

She told MTV News about shooting the scene, describing it as "so disgusting."

Of her discomfort, she added: "It was akin to the experience of watching the movie with my parents sitting next to me, let me tell you!"

The movie also contains a scene where Natalie's character Nina and her rival Lily—played by Mila Kunis—have a lesbian romp, which Mila has revealed she asked her father not to watch when they attended a screening together.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

She said: "He was like, 'I don't think I should see the movie. I was like, 'See the movie. There's going to be a point; get up and leave.'

"I don't think any dad should see. It's just not necessary."

But Natalie is adamant the sex scenes are not most shocking aspect of the film, which was directed by Darren Aronofsky.

Instead, she claims the "finger scene"—where Nina pulls at a loose piece of skin on her finger, causing it to bleed profusely—is the most difficult to watch.

She added: "The finger moment is pretty...well, it makes my blood curdle."

UMA THURMAN's stalker has been arrested for allegedly violating a restraining order against the actress.

Jack Jordanwas convicted in 2008 of fourth degree stalking and second dgree aggravated harassment and ordered to seek psychiatric care as part of his probation. He allegedly made a series of phone calls to the Kill Bill star in October.

When police went to his home in the US state of Maryland last week to arrest him, they found him on his computer typing Uma's name into oogle.

After his arrest, Jordan was put under observation and will appear in court n December 21.

Uma made a complaint against Jordan in October after he broke the rules of is probation order, which forbids him from contacting her.

A source at the New York Police Department revealed that Jordan tried to phone the actress to warn her that her boyfriend financier Arpad Busson "was not good enough" for her and that she should "marry" him. When he reached her assistant instead he reportedly demanded to know where Uma was.

The source said: "Uma had a criminal complaint prepared against this guy and filed on October 31. No arrests have been made, but he is wanted here. If he shows, he's getting locked up."

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

During his 2008 trial, Jordan—who had been found outside the star's home in Greenwich Village, New York—said he would have left the Pulp Fiction beauty alone if he knew his behaviour was scaring her.

He said: "I heard things like, 'Would you leave?' instead of, 'Sir, you're making Ms. Thurman nervous. Please leave.'

"My greatest wish is that I had known sooner that I was putting fear into the heart of a woman I cared very much for."

Uma told the Manhattan State Supreme Court she was "completely freaked out" by Jordan and said his alleged harassment of her had been a "nightmare".

LINDSAY LOHAN is seeking a restraining order against the paparazzi.

The troubled actress—presently in court-ordered rehab at the Betty Ford Center in Los Angeles for drug problems—has asked her lawyers to apply for an order to stop her being followed every time she drives.

Lindsay's legal problems initially stemmed from a 2007 arrest for driving under the influence (DUI), and in August she re-applied for her driving license and was back behind the wheel.

She will have lost driving privileges again when failing court ordered drug tests, but gossip website TMZ reports it was recently agreed by the Los Angeles County probation department and Department of Motor vehicles (DMV) she could get back on the road.

Her treatment center, however, decided it was too much of a safety risk for her to drive, because of the paparazzi attention she attracts, prompting her to seek legal action.

Lindsay reportedly sent pictures of photographers following her to her lawyer, but it is not known if a restraining order is a viable option.

The Machete actress has recently been granted the right to leave the Betty Ford Center periodically to spend time at her Hollywood apartment, and was also allowed to spend thanksgiving with her family.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

The 24-year-old star was recently said to be looking forward to "feeling free" again after her scheduled discharge from the rehab facility on January 3 next year.

A source said: "She wants to be back in her own space and feel like she's free again even if she's knows it's just temporary until after the beginning of the year."

MICHAEL JACKSON's father has filed a new wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray.

Joe Jackson's lawyer Brian Oxman submitted papers on behalf of his client in California Superior Court against the medic—who has been accused of involuntary manslaughter in relation to the Thriller singer's death in June 2009—and the companies which he is affiliated with.

Joe claims Murray wrongfully provided the powerful anaesthetic Propofol and a "polypharmacy" of other drugs to his son just before he died.

Joe also alleges Murray asked a security guard to clean the room in which Michael died of medication before police arrived at the Los Angeles mansion.

The suit names Michael's mother, Katherine Jackson, and his three children as "nominal plaintiff parties."

Although a previous lawsuit by Joe has been dismissed by a US court, he is convinced Murray played a huge part in Michael's death and wants justice.

A Los Angeles coroner ruled the pop legend's passing was caused primarily by two sedatives, Propofol and lorazepam, and acute Propofol intoxication was the principal cause.

Murray—who was hired as Michael's personal doctor while the singer rehearsed for his 50-night concert residency in London—admitted giving him Propofol as a sleep aid, but his lawyer insisted the amount was much smaller than what was found in Michael's body during the autopsy.

Earlier this year, prosecutors charged Murray with involuntary manslaughter, to which he pleaded not guilty.

If convicted, Murray faces up to four years in prison.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

MICHAEL DOUGLAS's young children have been "so supportive" through his cancer battle.

The 66-year-old actor completed radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment for throat cancer eight weeks ago and is amazed at how well Dylan, 10, and seven-year-old Carys—his kids with wife Catherine Zeta-Jones—have coped with his illness.

He told People magazine: "Dylan and Carys have been so amazing and supportive throughout all of this."

As well as Dylan and Carys being supportive to Michael—who also has a 31-year-old son Cameron with ex-wife Diandra—friends credit his 41-year-old Welsh-born spouse for helping him deal with the disease.

One pal said: "Catherine is a strong woman and very practical. There's no two ways about it—that's the Welsh in her. Neither one of them are people who would wallow; they just deal with what has to be done."

Michael recently spoke of how he believes his father Kirk Douglas' devotion to his work resulted in their strained relationship, something he acknowledges may also have happened with his own son Cameron, who is currently in jail on drugs charges.

He said: "In those key years, when Kirk was doing five movies a year, if we saw him it was only out of his guilt.

"I'm sure it's not easy, either, being a third generation. Kirk was all-consumed, was overworked. Probably like myself at a certain time in my life."

TAYLOR SWIFT and JAKE GYLLENHAAL have met one another's families.

The "Love Story" singer, who was first romantically linked with the Love and Other Drugs star five weeks ago, cancelled Thanksgiving plans with her parents to spend last week's holiday with her rumored boyfriend's relatives, before bringing the actor back to Nashville with her.

A source said: "Jake invited her to New York for Thanksgiving. It wasn't planned in advance, but she said, 'Why not? I can do it, and I'm going.' Her parents weren't thrilled, but she explained to them that she gets to see them all the time and wasn't able to spend much time with Jake during the publicity madness.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

"She loves his family and he loves hers."

Though Taylor, 20, was a guest of 30-year-old Jake's family—including his mother Naomi Foner, sister Maggie Gyllenhaal, her husband Peter Sarsgaard and their four-year-old daughter Ramona—she was more than happy to help out with cooking and household chores.

The source told Us Weekly magazine: "There was no diva behavior. She pitched in to cook and to clear the dishes. She also seemed very interested in the family and asked them a lot of questions about themselves."

KATE WINSLE is moving her children Joe and Mia back to the UK while her estranged husband SAM MENDES films the new James Bond movie.

The Oscar-winning actress—who announced she was splitting from the director in March 2010—thinks it wouldn't be "fair" to deprive him of seeing his seven-year-old son and 10-year-old stepdaughter from a previous relationship and will take them to London so he isn't far from them.

Kate, who currently lives in New York City, said: "Sam is doing the next Bond film, all being well, and we'll all be in England if that happens.

"It's such a massive commitment for him and it's not fair for him to commute backwards and forwards to New York from London. It would be impossible. The children will be there with me."

Discussing their split, the 35-year-old British screen beauty insists she and Sam are still good friends who have a lot of "respect" for each other.

After he makes the James Bond adventure, Kate could even see her working with the 45-year-old filmmaker again, following the critical success of their 2008 movie Revolutionary Road.

She added to the Daily Mail newspaper: "I can see us working together again-that's the way it is.

"We're really good friends and have very good respect for each other. I can see it, but you'd have to ask Sam what he thinks."

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Last month, Kate called time on her relationship with model Louis Dowler after four months of dating, reportedly thanking him for helping her get over her split with Sam.


WE RECOMMEND


FROM THE SUMMIT MEDIA NETWORK


SPONSORED CONTENT


COMMENTS

Loading comments

THIS JUST IN