PEP Ka-Loveteam Quiz Banner
×

Kevin Costner reveals the late Princess Diana wanted Bodyguard 2 role

Kevin had promised to create a role especially for the Princess of Wales.
by Bang
Published Apr 11, 2012
The late Princess Diana asked Kevin Costner to help launch her film career just as he had for Whitney Houston—who played his on-screen love in the original 1992 movie The Bodyguard.

Princess Diana wanted to star in a follow-up to The Bodyguard according to Kevin Costner.

The late mother of Princes Harry and William asked Kevin to help launch her film career just as he had for Whitney Houston—who played his on-screen love in the original 1992 movie.

He revealed: ''Diana and I had been talking about doing Bodyguard 2. I told her I would take care of her just the same way that I took care of Whitney.''

As the producers and lead male star of the first film, Kevin, 57, says he had promised to create a role especially for the Princess of Wales.

Appearing on American chat show Anderson, he said: ''She wanted me to write it for her. I said 'I'll tailor it for you if you're interested.' She goes, 'I am interested.'''

But sadly Diana never got to see the draft copy of the script for the movie which arrived on his desk on August 31, 1997—just the day before she was killed in a car crash in Paris aged just 36.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW ↓
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW ↓
Read Next
PEP Live
Featured
Latest Stories
Trending in Summit Media Network

Featured Searches:

Read the Story →
The late Princess Diana asked Kevin Costner to help launch her film career just as he had for Whitney Houston—who played his on-screen love in the original 1992 movie The Bodyguard.
  • This article was created by . Edits have been made by the PEP.ph editors.
    Poll

    View Results
    Total Votes: 12,184
  • 50%
  • View Results