Vice President-elect Maria Leonora Gerona Robredo remains optimistic and firm on her call for unity as she begins her tenure for the second highest position in the land.
She says in her inaugural speech today, “Bukas ang pintuan ng Tanggapan ng Pangalawang Pangulo sa lahat – anuman ang katayuan sa buhay, paniniwala o partido.”
Here, PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) lists some of the most memorable moments during VP Leni’s oath-taking at QC Reception House, which also serves as the executive office of the vice president.
1. Confidently beautiful with a heart. VP Leni wows the crowd as she came up on stage looking radiant in her Filipiniana dress created by celebrity designer Paul Cabral.
But the newly-elected VP not only dazzles with her looks and pleasant disposition, she also inspires people with her vow to uplift Filipinos’ quality of life.
VP Leni Robredo and daughter Jillian
“Sa unang isandaang araw, plano nating magtungo sa malalayo at maliliit na barangay sa bansa, upang alamin ang mga bagay na nais niyong matugunan.”
2. Missing Jesse. There’s no denying the fact that VP Leni still holds late husband and former Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Jessy Robredo close to her heart.
At one point during her speech, VP Leni's voice noticeably cracks as she recalls the passing of Jesse.
“May mga sandali sa ating buhay na mas matingkad kaysa sa iba. Noong nagkakilala kami ni Jesse. Noong nasilayan ko sa unang pagkakataon ang mukha ng aming mga anak. Noong bumagsak ang kanyang eroplano.”
VP Leni delivers her inaugural speech.
3. Tres Marias. While VP Leni misses the late Jesse, she is obviously filled with love from her daughters Aika, Tricia and Jillian.
The trio is present on stage as VP Leni takes her oath as the 14th vice president of the Republic of the Philippines.
Photo-op after the short program: (L-R): Aika, Tricia, VP Leni, and Jillian
4. Perfect couple. Look at how sweet Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes! The two were spotted holding hands as they entered QC Reception House.
The couple is confident that VP Leni’s leadership will bring about positive changes in the country.
Marian and Dingdong's arrival at QC Reception House
5. Solid Leni supporter. Kris Aquino opts to attend VP Leni’s inauguration, which falls on the same day the former’s brother and outgoing President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III departs from Malacanang.
Kris happens to be VP Leni's biggest campaign donor, with over P30.8 million in cash donation.
6. Fun groufie. Caught in a light moment, Kapamilya actor Enchong Dee takes a groufie with PEP and YES! editor in chief Jo-Ann Maglipon, talent manager Noel Ferrer, and Tripleshot Media CEO James de Guzman.
Jo-Ann, Noel Ferrer, James, and Enchong all smiles for their groufie
7. Father-daughter date. Senator Kiko Pangilinan unexpectedly brings daughter Frankie as his date for VP Leni’s inauguration. It’s also a pleasant surprise to see Frankie looking all grown-up now.
Senator Kiko and his daughter Frankie
8. Shy Mar? Smiling at media reporters, defeated presidential candidate and former DILG Secretary Mar Roxas attempts to be inconspicuous as he walks at the back of the standby area for the press. When prodded for an interview, Mar just flashes a warm smile but continues to walk his way to the designated area for the guests.
9. Happy reunion. Not all chance encounters with an ex is awkward. Take it from newly-elected Senator Rizza Hontiveros and former Quezon Fourth District Representative Lorenzo "Erin" Tanada III. The two were spotted exchanging banters before the program started.
10. Early bird. Arriving at 7:15 A.M., Kapuso star Bea Binene is the first showbiz personality who turned up at the venue.
Speaking about her support for VP Leni, Bea says, “I supported her talaga during her campaign. I am part of Lakas ng Kababaihan Para Kay Leni Robredo. Umikot ako, kami ni Aika [Robredo] kapag wala siya or hindi siya makapunta. Or kapag kasama siya, umiikot din naman kami.”