Nagpamalas si Presidente Rodrigo Duterte ng kumbinasyon ng pormalidad at trademark sense of humor sa kanyang unang State of The Nation Address (SONA) na ginanap sa Batasang Pambansa Complex ngayong Lunes, Hulyo 25.
Bagamat pormal ang umpisa ng kanyang talumpati, hindi rin napigilan ni Presidente Duterte na ilabas ang natural niyang pagpapatawa sa audience.
Hindi nakaligtas sa pang-aasar ni Presidente Duterte si dating Senate President Franklin Drilon at Department of Transportation and Communication Secretary Art Tagude.
Gayunman, sumentro ang SONA ni Presidente Duterte sa kanyang adbokasiya na labanan ang kriminalidad, partikular na ang ilegal na droga.
Binigyang-diin din ni Presidente Duterte ang deklarasyon niya ng unilateral ceasefire sa pagitan ng gobyerno at Communist Party of The Philippines/New People's Army/National Democratic Front.
Higit sa lahat, tiniyak ni Presidente Duterte na prayoridad ng kanyang administrasyon na itaas ang antas ng pamumuhay ng mga Pilipino.
Narito ang ilan sa quotable quotes mula sa SONA ni Presidente Duterte, na tumagal ng humigit-kumulang 140 minuto:
RULE OF LAW
1. "Lest I be misunderstood, let me say clearly, that those who betrayed the people’s trust shall not go unpunished and they will have their day in Court. [applause] And if the evidence warrants, they will have their day of reckoning too."
2. "I was determined then as I am now determined and better positioned, to wage war against those who make a mockery of our laws including those who make life for us all miserable.
"I wish to assure everyone though that vindictiveness is not in my system. Just like you and I, all, equal treatment and equal protection are what I ask for our people."
3. "To all our police officers and officials, do your job. You’ll have the unwavering support of the office the president. I will be with you all the way.
"Abuse your authority and there will be hell to pay. For you will have become worse than criminality itself."
4. "During my inauguration last 30 [June] 2016, I said that the fight against criminality and illegal drugs and corruption will be relentless and sustained.
"I reiterate that commitment today. And that is why I call on the Philippine National Police, the barangay chairmen, the Mayors, and Governors and all those occupying seats of power and authority, not to lower their guard."
5. "There will be no let-up in this campaign. Double your efforts. Triple them, if need be. We will not stop until the last drug lord, the last financier, and the last pusher have surrendered or put behind bars [applause] or below the ground, if they so wish."
BIG-TIME DRUG RING
6. "Alam mo, kayong mga media, naghanap kayo, ‘Where’s the big fish? Saan yung bilyonaryo na mayaman? Yung may kotse?’ Ma'am, nandoon ‘yan sila sa labas [abroad]. Wala dito.
"Maghanap ka ng isang batalyon na pulis para hulihin natin doon kung kaya natin. They direct the traffic of drugs..."
7. "Kayo lang nag-brand siya na drug lord, e. Those are not the drug lords. Mga lieutenant? Delivery boy lang ‘yan. Kumbaga LBC-padala. Pati yung hawak nilang basura."
8. "Gusto niyo sabihin ko sa inyo? Puntahan natin. I’ll give you the names. I’ll show you the intelligence [reports].
"Pero give me the guarantee na may magawa ka. I’ll give you the names, I’ll give you the country. Kung wala ka magawa, shut up ka."
9. "To our Muslim brothers, the Moro country, and the members of the CPP-NPA-NDF (Communist Party of The Philippines-New People's Army-National Democratic Front), let me say this. All of us want peace, not the peace of the dead, but the peace of the living.
"We express our willingness and readiness to go to the negotiating table, and yet we load our guns, fix our sights, pull the trigger.
"It is both ironic and tragic, and it is endless. While we extol the bravery and heroism of our soldiers—kayo the rebels—do the same for the members and fighters."
10. "What I see instead are the widows and the orphans. And I feel their pain and grief. And no amount of cash assistance or the number of medals can compensate the loss of a human life.
"Sorrow cuts across every stratum of society. It cuts deeply and the pain lasts forever."
11. "To immediately stop violence on the ground, restore peace in the communities and provide enabling environment conducive to the resumption of the peace talks, I am now announcing a unilateral ceasefire with the CPP/NPA/NDF [Communist Party of The Philippines/New People's Army/National Democratic Front] effective immediately. And call on our Filipinos in the National Democratic Front and its forces to respond accordingly.
"Let me make this appeal to you: 'If we cannot, as yet, love one another, then in God’s name, let us not hate each other too much,' so it was said. I say the same to you today.
"We will strive to have a permanent and lasting peace before my term ends. That is my goal, that is my dream."
12. "But I assure you—wala ito sa script— I assure you, this will be a clean government. If that is the only worry that you have and I can understand your misgiving.] Wala na ito sa script. You know, ako maka-garantiya, 101 percent it will be clean."
13. "The problem is I can only act through agencies and departments... I cannot guarantee their honesty and competence at all times.
"Cabinet members, yes. Pero yung sa baba—yung procurement, yung magbi-bidding diyan. But as far as I can really…malinis talaga ‘to."
14. "You know my advice to you is maintain a federal system, a parliament, but be sure to have a president.
"Hindi na ako 'yan. I’m disqualified, and by that time, I would no longer be here.
"But, I can commit today to the Republic of the Philippines and its people—if you hurry up the federal system of government and you can submit it to the Filipino people by the fourth, fifth year, proseso ‘yan e.
"You call for a referendum and after that call for a presidential election, I will go. Sibat na ako. But you just have a president."
15. "You copy the France system. Huwag mo hayaan yung puro na parliament. Delikado iyon. It takes time even for the…
"Iyong kagaya ng England noon. There was this bomb, double deck. It took them time really. There’s no one apparatus for a commander-in-chief down. You can have a president you can elect."
16. "Maybe [Senator] Tito Sotto would be the lucky guy at that time.
"O, ‘di, limitahan mo lang. Ceremonial powers. Power to dissolve, power to accept the resolution or whatever, mandating you this, do that, or ceremonial powers except yung in times of need, if there’s a demand for action. You must have a president."
17. "Do not worry about me. I don't aim to that much ambition. Eh nanalo ako. Hindi ko nga alam bakit nandito ako ngayon.
"Noon nandoon lang ako, o. Totoo man. Sino man nagsuporta sa inyo sa akin dito? Wala man. Not a single congressman. Except for two provinces, governor. ‘Yun lang. Wala akong barangay captain. Wala lahat.
"Pero ngayon [nandito ako]."
18. "Ako po ay doble ang pagod para sa inyo, para sa kapakanan ng bayan. Seryoso po ako."
19. "Simple lang 'yan. Para walang away sa gobyerno, yung mga bagay na illegal [huwag mo gawin]. Hindi kami mag-away dito.
"Pati pari, pati si Pope tinamaan.
"Let us be clear to each other. I am for the comfort and the welfare of the people."
20. "Sa mga train will be readily available and easily accessible to the riding public. Kung bilhin mo 'yan [ticket pass] sa malls and stalls… Diyan mo bilhin sa accredited. Huwag doon sa banda sa Recto kasi sigurado peke-in 'yan."
21. "To increase the train speed from 40 to 60 kilometers per hour. Ang problema rito—and you must agree with me—the rails are quite aged. Most of the rails maybe doon pa ‘yan sa panahon ni [late President Ferdinand] Marcos. Nandiyan pa.
"Sabi ngayon ni Art Tugade [Department of Transportation and Communication], 40 to 60 kilometers per hour. Sabi ko, ‘Art, sigurado ka maka-hold ng rail ‘yan? Baka maputol ‘yan. Baka magdireteso yung train sa Cavite, baka [mapunta] kay [former Metro Manila Development Authority Chairman and Tagaytay Mayor Francis] Tolentino.' Sabihin niya, ‘O, bakit may train dito sa Tagaytay?'
"Quite fast—60 kilometers per hour. Sumasadsad kasi mabigat. Reduce it to a time from five minutes to three minutes. Yung plano ni Tugade mahina lang tayo ng one minute sa Hong Kong. Two minutes sa kanila, three minutes [sa plan ni Tugade], e. Ambisyoso ka…"
22. "Senator Drilon, binackbite ka dito, o. Island mo ng train. May tawa pa. Binackbite ka dito. Sino gumawa niyan?"
23. "Different approaches are being considered to decongest NAIA…
"Ang style ko kasi. I’m not sticking to formalities. Itong transaviation—alam mo kung sino ang tinatamaan niyan? Kayong mayayaman, kayong may mga helicopter, may eroplano, ilipat ko kayo. Alam mo yung general aviation ni’yo—mga leer jets sa kumpanya?
"Ilagay ko kayo sa Batanes para wala masyado [congestion].
"No, I’m offering Sangley Point [Cavite]. I can make a new runway there, sabi ng mga aviation experts. Tumbok niyan Merville Subdivision [Paranaque].
"But if not, it’s going to be Clark [Pampanga]. But on the condition that we’ll have a fast rail."
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
24. "Ang maganda nito, I have signed executive order sa aming Freedom of Information. Naunahan ko kayo [Congress and Senate]. Tapos na ako. Naipalabas ko na. It should be out today."
WEST PHILIPPINE SEA-CHINA SEA DISPUTE
25. "With regard to the West Philippine Sea, otherwise known as China Sea, we strongly affirm and respect the outcome of the case before the permanent court of arbitration as an important contribution to the ongoing efforts to pursue a peaceful resolution and management of our disputes."
TAXATION & BANK SECRECY LAW
26. "On taxation, my administration will pursue tax reforms towards a simpler, and more equitable, and more efficient tax system that can foster investment and job creation.
"We will lower personal and corporate income tax rates and relax the bank secrecy laws.
"E, na-Presidente ako, e. Ayaw ko sana makialam dito sa mga ‘to. Alam mo na. Well, anyway. May I continue."
27. "The implementation of the Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Law must be put into full force and effect so that couples, especially the poor, will have freedom of informed choice on the number and spacing of children they can adequately care and provide for, eventually making them more productive members of the labor force."
28. "Processing time and issuing of licenses shall be reduced to the barest minumm. In my city it is always three days for local government…. Three days. Business permits, clearances, no follow ups. Bigyan mo ng stub, be back next week…"
SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
29. "Thus to our religious bishops, leaders, priests, pastors, preachers, imams let me assure you that while I am a stickler for the principle of separation between church and state, I believe quite strongly that there should never be a separation between God and State."
SINS OF THE PAST
30. "We cannot move forward if we allow the past to pull us back.
"Finger-pointing is not the way. That is why I will not waste precious time dwelling on the sins of the past or blaming those who are perceived to be responsible for the mess that we are in and suffering from."