Earlier this month, it was speculated that Teresita “Winwyn” Marquez might transfer to ABS-CBN after her contract with GMA-7 Network expired on February 15.
Her manager, Arnold Vegafria, only said that Winwyn has received offers, but nothing yet was made final.
Yesterday, February 28, Winwyn was asked by the press about her next career move after her reign as Reina Hispanoamericana 2017.
The occasion was the media conference for a national kiddie talent search in which Winwyn will participate as a celebrity mentor to the kids.
She told the press, “I can’t announce it yet, pero may gagawin akong certain project for a certain station.”
Certain station? But Winwyn would not tell.
“Abangan na lang nila. Surprise na lang.”
The 25-year-old actress-beauty queen said she would return to acting after she relinquishes the Reina Hispanoamericana crown later this year.
“I’ve been acting before I joined naman Miss World and Binibining Pilipinas. So, why not push through with that?
“Basta this year, we’ll see. Meron nga inaayos, hindi ko lang puwedeng sabihihin.”
BOYFRIEND'S REACTION. Winwyn also told the press that her boyfriend, Kapuso actor Mark Herras, was surprised to hear about the rumor she might switch networks.
She said with jest, “Nagtanong din siya sa akin. ‘Totoo ba?’ Sabi ko, ‘Secret!’ Joke lang!
“He’s very supportive with everything that I’m doing right now.
“Whatever will help me with my career, kung saan ako makakapag-excel pa, do’n siya.
“So, wala namang problema with him. Kung ano yung choice [ko].”