Janella Salvador, another celebrity muse of Michael that evening, presented class and sophistication in her ivory Maria Clara-inspired gown.
"It's a Maria Clara-inspired dress with puff sleeves," the designer revealed to PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) through an exchange on Instagram direct messaging.
"I wanna modernize the traditional Maria Clara, at the same time, show innovation on how it will be modern."
The gown was also a collaboration between him and Janella.
Michael added, "Janella knows what she wants initially. She wanted to look like Audrey Hepburn, which is very elegant and simple."
The fashion designer used piña fabric to create this gown.
Janella was styled by Perry Tabora. Make-up artist Mickey See and hairstylist John Valle rounded up her glam team for the night.
The ABS-CBN Ball 2019 was for the benefit of Bantay Bata 163. This year, the foundation focused on raising funds for its Bantay Edukasyon Program.
For more stories about the ball, read here:
- The best-dressed stars at ABS-CBN Ball 2019
- ABS-CBN Ball 2019: Kylie Padilla, Sarah Lahbati, and more ladies divine in white
- Dawn Zulueta, Jodi Sta. Maria, and other ladies in black at ABS-CBN Ball 2019
- Francis Magundayao pays tribute to Filipino farmers at ABS-CBN Ball 2019
- Kylie Padilla: Modern take on the traje de mestiza