Former Goin' Bulilit star Bugoy Cariño and volleyball star EJ Laure made headlines on Friday, September 4, when they revealed having a daughter named Scarlet.
They made the announcement via social media on September 3, 2020, Bugoy's 18th birthday.
Talks about EJ's pregnancy began to fly in December 2017 when she begged out of the UAAP Season 82 games alleging shoulder injury.
In a Facebook post on March 11, 2018, EJ chided, "Ewan ko ba kasi talaga sa trip nyo [laughing emoji]
"basta ako i've been enjoying my life and resting my shoulder for S81 been living nice and simple then makakabasa ako ng kung ano ano [smiley emoji]"
In the same month, Bugoy was suspended indefinitely as a member of Hashtags and from ABS-CBN's afternoon variety show It's Showtime, further fueling EJ's rumored pregnancy.
Their big reveal about being parents to a daughter put a lid on the issue they've been denying for the past three years.
All eyes are now on EJ, and netizens want to know more about Bugoy's long-time girlfriend. Here goes:
1. EJ's full name is Ennajie C. Laure. She celebrated her 23rd birthday last July 31.
2. EJ is currently taking BS Sports and Wellness Management at the University of Santo Tomas.
3. EJ has been playing for UST's volleyball team for over nine years. She was the ace player of UST Junior Tigresses from 2011 to 2014.
EJ currently plays as an open hitter for the UST Golden Tigresses volleyball team.
She made her debut as part of the team seniors' team at the Shakey's V-League 11th Season 1st Conference in 2014.
After a two-year break from UAAP, she made her comeback at the Season 82 last March and scored 17 points on their game against NU's women's volleyball team.
4. EJ comes from a family of athletes. She is the daughter of PBA legend Eddie Laure and Jovie Laure. Her younger sister, Eya Laure, is also part of UST's volleyball team. Her younger brother, Echo Laure, is a member of the National University's junior basketball team.
5. Ej has several athletic recognitions under her belt. She was named Rookie of the Year at the UAAP Season 77's seniors volleyball competition in 2015.
She was also named "Best Scorer" at Shakey's V-League Season 11 1st Conference in 2014, 2nd Best Outside Hitter at the Shakey's V-League Season 12 Collegiate Conference in 2015, and 2nd Best Outside Hitter Shakey's V-League Season 13 Reinforced Conference in 2016.
6. It wasn't clear how their relationship started, but Bugoy has always been a big fan of volleyball. It seems he was introduced to EJ after watching one of the latter's games.
What Bugoy loves about EJ is her simplicity.
In a vlog post last May 24, 2019, he wrote, "Kasi mahilig ako manood ng volleyball talaga. Sinasama ako ng mga kaibigan ko tapos mahilig na ako manood.
"Ang nagustuhan ko kay EJ siguro, kasi hindi ako nagbe-base sa ma-makeup na babae, ganun.
"Kaya ko siya nagustuhan kasi sobrang simple lang niya. 'Tapos, alam mo yun, kung manamit, simple lang. Yung mukha niya napaka-simple lang din.
"Kapag nakilala mo pa siya nang husto, dun mo siya magugustuhan. Saka mapagmahal itong taong ito."
For her part, EJ says of Bugoy, "Mabait siya. Sobrang sipag mo. Alam mo yung tipong kapag magte-taping siya, yung ilang oras lang tulog niya..."
She added, "Wala siyang arte sa katawan, sa ano... Basta wala siyang arte sa pagkain."
7. EJ is a big fan of Kathniel. Daniel Padilla is also her biggest celebrity crush.
In a Q&A vlog last May 27, 2019, Bugoy revealed that he once asked Daniel for a video greeting for his girlfriend.
He recalled, "Dati nung nag-a-ASAP pa ako, magpapa-video greet pa iyan kay Daniel. Vini-video greet ko pa siya. Dun lang masaya na siya. 'Tapos kikiligin iyan, 'tapos kakalimutan niya ako. Lagi niyang papanoorin yung kay Daniel."
8. EJ also vlogs about her life from time to time. She and Bugoy have a YouTube channel called "BUGZ & EJ VLOG." They currently have 246,000 subscribers.