Indeed, life comes full circle.
With Raymond Gutierrez co-hosting Showbiz Police on TV5, Wilma Galvante—now the Kapatid network’s chief entertainment content officer—will become his boss again.
At the launch of the station’s revamped programming for primetime weekend yesterday, September 2, Galvante told PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal), “As I said, magaling naman siya as host.”
She continued, “Kaya nga noon, nagkaroon siya ng StarStruck, Showbiz Central…”
The then-senior vice president for GMA-7’s entertainment TV was also instrumental in bringing Raymond’s twin brother, Richard, to Click—defunct Kapuso youth-oriented show.
“But, sabi ko nga, this is not to say I’m the one or ako lang talaga ang responsible behind their careers.”
Back to Raymond, his project with TV5 was brokered by Jun Lalin, the publicist of Gutierrez family.
“Si Jun yung nag-text sa akin… siya rin yung nakapirma with Raymond.”
How about a project for Richard?
Galvante simply said, “Wala pa.”
CASE AGAINST ANNABELLE RAMA. It’s been almost two years— December 3 (U.S. time) 2011, to be exact—since Wilma’s reconciliation with the mom of Richard and Raymond, Annabelle Rama, took place at the Los Angeles International Airport.
Subsequently, on February 29, 2012, the two ladies spoke with each other, this time by phone, with the help of Lily Monteverde.
On March 1, at the post-birthday party of Galvante, Annabelle showed up, greeted the TV executive, and hugged her.
In an interview, Annabelle then said, “Marami na talaga ang nagpa-padrino sa akin, mga best friend mo at saka kaibigan ko rin.
“Babatiin kita, pero deep in my heart, hindi ako ready. Pagtalikod ko, baka sisiraan pa kita.
“Kaya gusto ko talaga magbati tayong dalawa galing sa puso ko.
“Para ngayon, wala ka naman maririnig sa bunganga ko na naninira against you. Talagang galing sa puso ko yun.”
That became the end of their three-year word war.
But the remaining question now is: What will happen to their legal battle?
It can be recalled that Galvante filed a 7-million damage suit against Annabelle Rama last March 17. READ STORY
In response, Annabelle filed a 25.5-million grave slander complaint against Galvante on April 13, 2009. READ STORY
It was dismissed by the Quezon City’s Office of the Prosecutor in August, but DOJ (Department of Justice) reversed the decision on June 8, 2010.
To date, the cases are still pending despite the reconciliation.
In previous interviews, Galvante was quoted as saying, “Tuloy pa rin."
But this time, she casually said, “Papunta na run”—which denotes possibly withdrawing her lawsuit.
The Kapatid executive related her recent conversation with Annabelle, who supposedly asked, “baka puwedeng mawala na…”
And the response of Galvante?
During PEP’s one-on-one interview, she said, “Mag-uusap nga yung mga lawyers namin. Sila na yung bahala.
“Hindi ko rin alam kasi yung tamang proseso, kasi may hearings, e... may mga hearings, so lawyers na mag-uusap.”
RUMORED RIFT WITH PERCI INTALAN. Another issue we clarified with Galvante was her entry to the Manny Pangilinan-owned station.
Will she be working with Perci, who will leave his post as the head of creative and entertainment production in December?
According to some reports, the two executives have not been on good terms. READ STORY
Galvante was quick to say, “We are okay. We’re okay and we’ll be able to work with each other.
“At saka maganda naman yung… because of the business model of TV5, we have production partners, eventually, yun din ang ano ni Perci, yun ang kanyang plan, to be a production partner…”
But isn’t there any overlapping of duties?
“Right now, yung work niya is under the entertainment group. Later on, he will have his own entertainment company; he’ll be dealing with the entertainment group.”
Lastly, PEP asked: Before accepting the deal with TV5, did she give her former boss—Atty. Felipe Gozon—the heads up?
Galvante answered, “When I started the consultancy at Artista Academy last year, nag-email ako kay FLG. Alam naman niya.”